Norfolk Telecom provides the Norfolk Island community with carrier grade telecommunications services ensuring reliability and quality, it consists of three work units being Telecom, Internet and Mobile
Norfolk Telecom operates under the Norfolk Island Telecommunications Act 1992.
The objectives and goals of Norfolk Telecom are:
- to provide up to date communications systems within Norfolk Island
- to provide a reliable and affordable international communications link to the mainland
- to research and implement improved communications systems and technologies (local and international)
- to provide public switched fixed and mobile communications to the community
- to maintain reliable external plant reticulation whilst planning for future growth
- to continue to invest in proven technology that meets the growing business and community communications needs
The major elements of the Norfolk Telecom current services and infrastructure consist of:
- fixed line telephone utilising copper twisted pair cable and optic fibre
- primary and secondary Satellite Earth Stations
- GSM Mobile switch including 8 remote base stations and 1 micro cells
- central public exchange, which switches international as well as national traffic
- broadband internet connection (ADSL)
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- online telephone directory for up to-date White and Yellow Pages
- provision of PABX services to businesses and accommodation houses
- provision of monthly billing for services.
Hours of Operation
Telecom technicians are available 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday.
The Customer Care Team based at Telecom are available 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Norfolk Island Telecom
9 New Cascade Road
NORFOLK ISLAND 2899