The functions of the Public Officer include:
- dealing with requests from the public concerning the Council's affairs
- the responsibility of assisting people to gain access to public documents
- to receive submissions made to the Council
- to accept service of documents on behalf of the Council
- to represent the Council in any legal or other proceedings
- other functions as may be conferred or imposed on the Public Officer by the General Manager or, by legislation.
The position of Public Officer within the Norfolk Island Regional Council (NIRC) is held by the General Manager, Andrew Roach. This position is separate from the Freedom of Information Officer and, Councils Complaints Officer (Leanne Webb - Manager Customer Service).
For information in relation to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests please see page
For information relating to Councils complaints process see page
The Public Officer can be contacted by:
Telephone: +6723 22001
Email: regionalcouncil [at] nirc.gov.nf
PO Box 95
Norfolk Island 2899