Functions of the Public Officer
The Public Officer:
- May deal with requests from the public concerning the Council's affairs
- Has the responsibility of assisting people to gain access to public documents
- May receive submissions made to the Council
- May accept service of documents on behalf of the Council
- May represent the Council in any legal or other proceedings
- Has such other functions as may be conferred or imposed on the Public Officer by the General Manager or by or under the legislation.
The position of Public Officer within the Norfolk Island Regional Council is held by Alan Hollway, Executive Manager Organisational Development. This position is seperate from the Freedom of Information Officer (Geoff Atkinson - Chief Counsel & NI Regional Council Legal Advisor) and Councils Complaints Officer (Leanne Webb - Manager Customer Care).
For information in relation to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests please see page
For information relating to Councils complaints process see page
The Public Officer can be contacted:
Telephone: +6723 22001
Email: regionalcouncil [at] nirc.gov.nf
PO Box 95
Norfolk Island 2899