The principal function of the GST Office was to administer the Norfolk Island Goods and Services Tax Act 2007, this included:
- the collection of all Goods and Services Tax
- the examination of all Remittance Forms
- the issuance of receipts for payments
- the registration and cancellation of NBN holders
- the preparation and issue of Penalty Notices and Court Summons for non-payment of GST and other activities
- the maintenance of all records pertaining to GST
- the random audits of monthly remittance forms
- the provision of advice and guidance to the public.
As of 1 July 2016 GST is no longer charged on Norfolk Island, however, persons are still liable to remit GST for any taxable supply made before 30 June 2016.
Payments can be made to existing Bpay numbers.
For information regarding GST please contact the GST Officer via Customer Care +6723 22244 or email customercare [at] nirc.gov.nf