Norfolk Island Regional Council under Administration
Administrator for Norfolk Island Regional Council - Mr Michael Colreavy
On 6 December 2021, the Councillors of the Norfolk Island Regional Council (NIRC) were formally dismissed by the Assistant Minister, the Hon Nola Marino MP. Mr Michael Colreavy was appointed as Administrator of the Council for a period of three years (until 2024).
A consummate professional, Mike brings extensive experience to the role of Administrator including:
- Board and Trustee experience (Chair and Company Secretary)
- Eight years as a management consultant to local government organisations
- 37 years combined local government management and financial management experience
- 12 years in the role of General Manager of a local Council
- 20 years as a member of a Council executive management team
Mike also holds the appointment of Administrator for Balranald Shire Council until September 2024. His role at Balranald commenced on dismissal of the elected council in January 2020 by proclamation of the NSW Governor countersigned by the NSW Minister for Local Government. Balranald Shire Council is located in the far south-western district of New South Wales. The two Councils have a lot in common due to their remoteness and comparable population.
Mike's primary focus is on mapping a way forward for the Council based on the recommendations of the Governance and Financial External Audits as well as the Public Inquiry.
Office Tel: +672 3 22001
The Hon Nola Marino MP Media Release 6 December 2021
Information about the Public Inquiry into the NIRC